My workplace was having a party where we were supposed to wear ugly holiday sweaters. Some people showed up with ugly non-holiday sweaters, some with non-ugly holiday sweaters. I saw this sweater on YesStyle and thought that sweater was wintery enough to be a holiday sweater.
I’m looking a bit bulky because I’m actually wearing a lot of layers. it was -18°C (about 0°F) outside so I had to find a way to stay warm!
What I’m wearing:
- White tank top (not visible) – Forever21
- Grey knit long sleeve top (not visible) – American Eagle
- Polar bear pullover – Ringnor at YesStyle
- Black fleece tights – unknown
- Black stirrup tights (over the fleece tights) – 59 Seconds at YesStyle
- Brown wool skort – mom
So I cheated a little on the “ugly” part, because if I was going to buy a holiday sweater, it better be something I would actually wear regularly! I think this pullover is adorable and it was actually the cheapest holiday sweater I could find. You probably can’t tell in the picture, but the patterned sleeves feel soft and fleecy while the body feels like a regular cotton shirt.
The pullover is pretty thin on its own so layering is a must. Check out the adorable polar bear all dressed up for winter:
This sweater is still available at YesStyle if you want to check it out:
The stirrup tights from 59 Seconds are also available at YesStyle, although mine are starting to show some wear and tear at the seams. I bought mine two years ago though and have worn them often. Besides, they are ridiculously inexpensive and I love wearing them with pull-on boots because then my tights won’t bunch up. They can be pretty sheer though so you would have to wear a long tunic or layer up with another pair of tights like I did.
I think I’m going to stock up on a few more of these tights, actually.
I had to apply my makeup on the subway because I left the house pretty late. I had to stick with products that were easy to apply and natural enough so that mistakes wouldn’t be obvious. I applied everything either with my fingers or with the Sephora retractable kabuki brush (great buy, by the way – it’s so very soft and super convenient, in 5 different colours!).
What I used in order:
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer – 08 Warm Light Medium
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder – 06
- TheBalm Hot Mama blush
- NARS Laguna bronzer
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow – Birthday Suit (swatches here)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Mushroom
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal – 001 Black
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler
- Maybelline The Falsies mascara
- NARS lipstick – Manhunt
I didn’t do too bad of a job, but I didn’t realize that I had forgotten to bring a single eye makeup brush! I usually bring at least a smudge brush with me when I do my makeup on the go. Smudging liners out makes things easier because I don’t have to be too careful on the moving train. I ended up having to smudge out my liners using my ring finger *shakes head*.
Do you have an ugly holiday sweater? I am loving mine!