I know it’s been over a year since I last posted and I feel I need to explain myself. The major reason behind my absence was several conflicts I had, which are somewhat resolved – at least for the present. During my absence, I continued to read blogs, but I kept a low profile. I never stopped enjoying what I read and I missed the blogging community. I’m really excited about a recent haul, and that has given the final push for me to come back to the blogosphere.
A little background on what has happened in the interim:
- I am no longer subscribed to any beauty boxes.
- I have moved back home, where it is impossible to find good lighting to take pictures. This was another reason why I stopped blogging – none of the pictures were true to colour and my room is darker as a windowless room. Incandescent desk lamps do not do justice to most of the things I want to take pictures of.
- I have gained a few pounds since moving back home, where my parents insisted I look too skinny and frail. I now have less control over what I eat. *shakes fist*
- I highlighted my hair red, the highlights have faded bronze and grown out, and I’ve grown out my bangs.
- I still love shopping, as much as I ever did.
- I love the new Pokemon X game. You can go shopping for outfits for yourself. How awesome is that?
So, my first order of business is to update some of my posts – it seems that the world has changed drastically over the past year. Then I can get started on that haul post. I can’t wait!
(Image source: alexcartersblog.blogspot.com)