Last week, I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award. I hadn’t had the time to do this properly, but here it is now. Thank you, writeandexplore, for reading my blog and for making my day brighter!
Similar to the Versatile Blogger Award, the Kreativ Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to let other bloggers know that their work is appreciated, and to allow bloggers to connect. It is also a way to find out your favourite bloggers’ favourite bloggers.
According to Kreativ Blogger Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- List 7 things about yourself that your readers might find interesting
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links to their blog, and let them know
It goes without saying that you should thank your awarder, and I also tend to link to all other blogs mentioned in my posts either way. But I would like to say thank you again to writeandexplore at thewritersescapewithwords. writeandexplore is a writer who blogs for self-expression and sharing inspirations. Drop by and check it out!
7 things about me that you could find interesting and may not already know:
- I have never bought an Apple product. The first generation iPod Nano that I currently own was a gift from my ex-boyfriend in 2006. He’d bought it just before the release of the second generation iPod Nano. Each charge cycle doesn’t even last me an hour. And yet it’s my favourite Nano generation because of the mirrored backing – I never had to carry a compact mirror.
- The laptop I’m using right now to blog is about a decade old. I am running Windows XP, which was released in 2001. Vista wasn’t released until 2007. And my dad used this laptop before he passed it on to me, and I’ve had it for a few years already. You do the math.
- On that note, I still have the old Microsoft Office programs – I can’t open .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx files. Old school.
- I have always secretly wanted to try my hand at acting. I thoroughly enjoyed putting on our play for English class in highschool – I played Linda in Death of a Salesman.
- I can play piano and the flute.
- I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. But at the same time, I don’t want calluses on my fingers.
- I started playing Neopets when it first came out in 1999. I still play occasionally when I’m bored
I like to give a glimpse of the variety of topics I enjoy reading. Here are the 7 blogs that I would like to nominate for the Kreativ Blogger Award, listed in alphabetical order (because I don’t like a lack of any order ):
- Dry Spell: M was a former highschool teacher, but she is now a full-time mother. My favourite thing about her blog is her Pantry – she has lots of recipes I’d love to try!
- Homemade Wellbeing: Kristina has a lot of DIY homemade beauty recipes that I’d love to try – she even makes lip balm! If this isn’t creative, I don’t know what is. She occasionally shares food recipes as well. Her blog is all about being healthy and natural.
- Lea & Jay: What started as a wedding blog to keep friends and family updated turned into Lea’s food blog. Her most recent recipe? A Malteser Chocolate Cookie Tart. Can you say yum?! Definitely a win in my books.
- MOSTLY SUNNY: Sunny blogs about makeup, skincare, and style. She’s from Taiwan and lives in Belgium. And she has adorable cats. =^__^=
- mythineats: “Who says you can’t eat and be thin too” – I’m not going to lie, for the longest time, I thought her site was Myth in Eats. Then after a while, I figured it was probably more likely that it was My Thin Eats. The recipes on this blog reflect Cristina: a wife who loves cooking but refuses to get unhealthy.
- words everyday: Sarah is a writer who hopes to post a poem or piece every day, or at least every week. What caught my eye was her poem “You said my eyes were beautiful, and I knew you were a liar.”
- YOGA OUT THE YIN YANG: “A rookie reviews Toronto’s yoga studios and classes” – I have always wanted to try yoga, myself, but I never knew where to start. Don’t you wish that someone would do this for everything? Weeding out the bad, sharing the good, and taking the time and effort to pay attention, compare, and write about it all. Kudos to you, Heather.
I would like to mention that aside from the above, I appreciate all of the blogs I am following for keeping me well entertained at all times, and for all the effort and time they put into each post. You all pique my interest, all the time.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the bloggers who are following pearlessence, old and new. I am working on an appreciative event for you, and thank you for enjoying my work.
(Image source: thewritersescapewithwords.wordpress.com)